0. "What do you want to remember from the conversations you just had?"
The one thing I want to remember (not that it'll be used in my next animation) is how the bone tool works! I didn't know until today, and it was a very exciting revelation. In terms of my animation, I guess the only feedback I really got so far was that it sounded like a good idea, though probably a little challenging to make. I want to try to hold on to the former as encouragement and not let the latter discourage me.
1. "How will your final piece be: profound, moving, important, seriously life-changing, or life-engagingly funny?"
My final piece will hopefully be profound. I intend to write about the way memory is distorted over time, which I think everyone can relate to, to some extent. Not only do I want to explore how memories can get more fuzzy, I also want to explore how memories can be affected by our emotional responses to them. For instance, if we hate someone now, our memory of our first encounter with them will probably be more negative than it actually was. I think this is important because everyone has these sort of emotions and should recognize the power they have over the way we view the world, past and present, and how they can distort the truth.
2. "How will your writing not be the illustration of your words? How is your piece really going to engage with the possibilities of writing within Flash?"
I am not artistic, so for me, having my writing be an illustration of my words was never really a possibility. I love the power words have, and so I want to have my animation be primarily text-based (actually, entirely text-based, now that I think about it). The animation aspect of my piece will come in the interactivity I hope to embed in it. I want readers to be able to click on select words and have them change. This is something that can only be achieved through animation, so it is utilizing the unique possibilities of animated text fully.
3. "What sorts of help/support/feedback do you see yourself needing in order to make this piece of writing the one you're most proud of in your whole life?"
I will probably need a lot of help doing the buttons! I know you already gave me a code (hopefully it works, I haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet), but I will also need help figuring out how to stick all my scenes together. I will be able to animate my individual shape tweens (words changing into other words) on my own, I'm sure, but the new technical stuff I am almost certain I will need some help in. I will probably drop by during office hours in the next few weeks, after I've gotten all the pieces completed and have only to put them all together. Thanks in advance!
No comments:
Post a Comment